By Jamie M Swanson of The Modern Tog
Video 1: What is Personal Brand Photography?
The goal of this 1K Weekend Challenge is to get you TWO booked clients this weekend!
I'm going to explain the entire process over the course of these videos. I’ll tell you what to say, where to say it, the whole shebang. It's going to be easy. You do not need to have a portfolio ready or a website, or any of those things done whatsoever, so do not stress!
I’m guess most of you are new to Personal Brand Photography, and this will be a great way to test the waters and see if it’s a good fit.
1K Weekend Challenge Video Overview
- Video 1 explained personal brand photography and what a great opportunity it is.
- Video 2 explained the 5 Dealbreakers you must avoid that will keep clients from booking you.
- Thursday’s video will showed you exactly what to say and do to help you book at least 2 clients and make $1,000 by the end of the weekend!
- Friday's Bonus video was all about what to do if you're stuck or if you've posted your script but not had any enquiries yet. I highly recommend you check it out.
- Monday, January 21 we’ll talk about what to do now that you’ve got these clients, PLUS we’ll celebrate your wins from the weekend!
WHY PERSONAL BRAND PHOTOGRAPHY?
I want to get the word out about personal brand photography to as many people as possible because I know how life changing this is. I have seen the lives of hundreds of photographers change in the last year alone since I completely pivoted into doing personal brand photography.
It is my personal mission to help as many photographers as possible start doing this because I genuinely believe that the industry as we know it and, and as it's been in the past, is in severe decline.
The markets are oversaturated, marketing efforts aren’t as effective, and it's just becoming harder and harder to find clients who actually value your work. Have you seen that too?
I genuinely believe that PBP is the future of photography.
THE NEED IS THERE
- It feels like everybody I know is starting some sort of online business, and that's because businesses are moving more and more to the Internet.
- You probably see it in your own feed with lots of people participating in multilevel marketing (like selling essential oils or one of the other bajillion MLMs out there). Some of them are really successful at it.
- Others are starting to teach online or are selling products.
- They all need professional photography to grow their social media following and to put on their website.
WHAT IF YOU WERE THE FIRST?
Who is the go-to Personal Brand Photographer in your area? Most people tell me there isn’t one or that they have no idea who it is.
How easy would it be for you to book the clients if you were the first or only person in your market offering that?
If you are the only senior photographer, how easy would it be to book senior portraits? If you were the only wedding photographer, how easy would it be to book wedding clients? Right?
Do you want to be that go-to Personal Brand Photographer in your area?
FIGURING OUT IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR YOU
This week we're going to focus on getting you your first two clients, so that you have a portfolio. And though others might shoot for their portfolio for free, I’ll show you how to make money in the process.
If you decide you want to continue with Personal Brand Photography, I will be offering a paid course next week that goes in depth with how to pivot into it.
It walks you step by step through every part of that process. Best of all, if the 1K Weekend Challenge goes well for you, you’ll already have that money ready to go. (And if you don’t, no problem.)
WE’RE STARTING A MOVEMENT
My goal is not just to help get the word out about Personal Brand Photography, but to also start a movement: The Storytaker Movement.
Personal Brand Photography is really story-based, and we’ll get into those details in a bit.
I really want to see us build an amazing community and movement of photographers.
- are committed to doing things honestly
- are committed to a high level of ethics.
- absolutely love their clients
- want to serve their clients
- want to see their clients' businesses grow
I really want to encourage you not to let limiting beliefs hold you back.
I’m sure some of you are feeling pretty skeptical. Maybe some of you are thinking, “There's no way this is gonna work” or you imagine “It's all hype.”
If you're feeling a little nervous or skeptical, I encourage you to try it. The worst thing that can happen is that you don't book anybody. Then, you’re no worse off than if you hadn’t tried at all.
Step beyond some of those fears and anxieties and really step into who you know that you are made to be.
SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESSES NEED PERSONAL BRAND PHOTOGRAPHY
Think of what a load it would be off an online entrepreneur or influencer if you came in and said, “Hey, why don't we work together. I will help you have a steady stream of images, so that you can just go to this folder, pick the image of the day, write your caption and post without the stress or the uncertainty.”
For your portfolio building rate, I’m going to recommend you charge $500. While that might attract some newer entrepreneurs, our ultimate goal is to work with established entrepreneurs, people who have more money than time.
The people who really understand the value of growing a large audience generally aren't the people who are just starting out in their business, right? For a successful entrepreneur, hiring you is a no-brainer. It's less than the cost of a part-time employee.
Your work IS a worthwhile investment for their business.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A BRAND EXPERT--JUST A PRO PHOTOGRAPHER
You might be wondering is if you need to be a brand specialists in order to make this work or if you need to have a large social media following of your own in order to make this work.
The answer is absolutely not. We are not saying that we are social media strategists, we are not saying that we are brand specialists. What we are saying is that we know how to take an image that is pro level quality that will strengthen the brand of our clients, and I'll tell you how to do that in the next video.